The Youth Ministry at Knock Shrine welcomes school retreats September to May and runs various summer programmes June-August. The aim of the youth ministry team is to bring young people to Knock Shrine and give them a positive experience of Knock and a powerful encounter with God. The Youth Ministry at Knock Shrine is casual in our atmosphere, relevant in our approach, enthusiastic in spirit, and passionate about our mission. That mission is to help young people receive a personal experience of Jesus. We do this by celebrating the Sacraments, the preaching of the Gospel, the building of Christian community and by giving witness to the living presence of Jesus in our world.
Knock Youth Ministry is currently seeking a full time Youth Minister
We believe this person will be someone who…
• Embraces the vision, beliefs, strategy, and culture of Knock Youth Ministry.
• Holds a degree in Theology or a relevant qualification in religious studies
• Has a passion for working with young people and helping them connect with their faith.
• Has good communication and organisational skills
• The ability to use technology to reach this generation i.e. Facebook, twitter etc.
• Must be flexible in working hours and dates
• Has experience working with young people
This person will…
• Work as part of the youth ministry team in the day to day running of the youth ministry
• Plan, present and evaluate retreat days
• Provide an atmosphere that is conducive to the learning needs and styles of young people
• To assist young people in the development of their prayer life
• Recognise the dignity and rights of all children/young people and be committed to ensuring their safety and well-being in all dealings and work with young people.
• Ensure that the child protection policy is observed in all youth ministry settings
Those wishing to apply for this role can do so by sending an up-to-date Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 11 October 2019