This Our Lady of Knock Golden Rose rosary has been specially commissioned by Knock Shrine. The ‘Golden Rose’ is associated with the apparition of 1879 where one of the witnesses reported seeing a golden rose in the area of Our Lady’s brow. During the Papal Visit of Pope John Paul II to Knock in 1979, the centenary year, he presented the Shrine with a golden rose in recognition of this.
The rosary is handmade in Ireland with Connemara Marble, an ancient stone from the West of Ireland, close to Knock, with brass providing the golden colour, incorporating a rose centre and a neo-Celtic cross. The centre and cross are linked to the Aves and the Pater beads by a hand-wrapped and very secure brass wire connector. The rosary is hand-chained with love and care in Ireland.
The rosary comes with a quality zipped black leather purse for extra protection and ease of use and is presented in a gold-embossed bronze-colour gift box.