Knock Shrine Bookshop is inviting applications for the role of Bookshop Sales
Bookshop Sales Assistant Role and Requirements
The Bookshop Sales Assistant role involves selling, merchandising, stock management, processing
orders and preparing lodgements.
This role involves continuous interaction with the public, both face to face and over the telephone.
• Operating Till, dealing with customer queries and serving customers in a friendly and
• Deliver excellent standards of display and ensure the shop is clean, tidy, stocked and
beautifully presented at all times. Arrange shop and window displays.
• Stock management – goods inwards, processing deliveries
• Cashier duties including cash reconciliation and strict adherence to cash procedures
including responsibility for processing cash and card payments accurately.
• Process orders that have been received by phone, post or email including online orders.
• Key holder responsibilities.
• A fluent English speaker with minimum of 1 year retail or customer service experience.
• Have a love of books and reading.
• An enthusiastic manner and customer focused attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Strong EPOS knowledge and computer skills.
• A good work ethic and ability to work on your own initiative.
• Physical stamina, dexterity, and the ability to stand for long periods.
• Punctual, reliable, and trustworthy.
• IT skills (Word and Excel).
This is a permanent position and candidates must be willing to work a minimum of 35 hours per week over a rostered 7-day week. Additionally, candidates must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.