The statuary in the Apparition Chapel consists of brilliant white Carrara marble carvings of Our Lady with St. John the Evangelist to her right and St. Joseph to her left. The Lamb is placed in the centre of the chapel on an altar surrounded by beautifully carved angels. Careful consideration was given to designing the scene to replicate the Apparition as described by the fifteen witnesses and in interviews with Mary Byrne O’Connell in the 1930’s. The figures were sculpted by the renowned Italian sculptor, Professor Lorenzo Ferri in 1960. The statuary was commissioned by the Knock Shrine Society.